1. WHO QUALIFIES: High school seniors who have participated in a formal trapshooting program (AIM, SCTP, High School League or High School Program) and are residents in the State of Michigan. Students are awarded only once for this scholarship.
2. TO APPLY: Complete the application form and include a brief essay (250 words maximum) that explains why you are worthy of the scholarship and your reasons for applying. Include explanation of financial need (if applicable). In addition, letters of recommendation from your shooting coach, school counselor, school advisors, teachers, principal, church members and employer(s) are strongly encouraged.
Also list your shooting history including awards, and/or non-academic achievements and awards, including extracurricular activities.
DETAILS TO INCLUDE: Include copy of High School transcript, all pertinent information, test scores, and a 5 x 7 photograph in the packet.
MAIL TO: Michigan Trapshooting Association | Attention: Scholarship Committee Review Board | 1534 Service Rd., Mason, MI 48854
3. The deadline to submit an application for consideration (of the next awarded scholarship from the MTA HOF Scholarship) is the last day of the Michigan State Trapshooting Championships.
4. All Applicants Packets will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee Review Board. Determinations of worthy recipients will be reviewed, discussed, and potentially selected.
5. The awarding of the Scholarship(s) will be done immediately following the honoring of the Michigan Trapshooting All-State Team, during the Michigan State Trapshooting Championships.